Thursday 1 December 2016

LS2 FF396 bike helmet visor repair

On the bottom of the lid, there is a control to drop the sun visor down and up.  There are 2 bits. A substantial red semi-circle and a crappy little black lever on a T stem about 2mm x 2mm. Put the lid on a shelf (who doesn't) and eventually you catch this little lever and it snaps off. You then can't retract the sun visor without forcing it.

The mechanism is easy to remove - 2 screws on the outside of the lid behind a rubber trim.
In the pic above, you can just see where the lever has sheared off - look for the arrow.
I found a bit of small pvc tubing, heated it up and pushed over the remaining stub. Then I hot glued it and put a cross pin in for good measure.
The next time it's caught I think that it will destroy the rest of the flimsy mechanism.

It's a real shame on otherwise a very comfy lid. I bought this April 2016. I notice 7 months later the control for the sun visor is up by your ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment