Wednesday 7 November 2018

Goop tyre sealant

A rash of punctures on the ride-on had me looking for tyre sealant. There are a bunch of them, all with different uses and differing amounts to inject.
Linseal came highly recommended in a one-product-fits-all. You need a fair amount, and I was quote €160 delivered for 25L, but that might be +vat. It was 15 L too much, and smaller bottles werent economic. Slime (American) comes in tube and tubeless and requires a fair amount. It's pretty expensive and it lasts 2 years according to them.
I found Goop. I paid €34 for 2 litres, which will cover the trailer (no spare), the ride-on and 2 wheel barrows, with a bit to spare. Small tyres need 250ml, the barrow 125ml. I struggled to get much info on dosing, but most applications are shown on the bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment